Friday, July 16, 2010

Taking Care of Body and Soul

Okay, so I've done this twice before, I'm not a newbie but I find some familiar thoughts and feelings cropping up. And fears, lots of fears. Can I really do this? I wonder. I keep telling myself I've done it before and it is worth it but I'm still nervous about it.

I'm fasting for 5 days. It's a cleansing fast, I use a program from Blessed Herbs. It is an amazing program and really "cleans" you out. You don't even want to know what is in your gut folks. I'm just glad I'm getting it out! If you want to see some gross but fascinating pictures, the website has them here: Intestinal Plaque. Do not look at the pictures if you are feeling queasy at all and BEWARE, the pictures will make you want to do the cleanse! At least that's been my experience and every one I know whose done it too. You look at them and you just have to do it!

Like I said I've done it twice before and always had very good results. My husband does it with me (which I'm still astounded at, it's such a hippie dippie thing to do but, he loves it! He has actually done a fasting cleanse without me when I was pregnant!) But I digress....so I have past experience with this and I have support. What am I so afraid of? I have come to the conclusion that it's a normal process. Fear is a normal part of a big undertaking (and not eating for 5 days is a bit of an "undertaking"...hee hee pun intended). I keep reminding myself that courage is not the absence of fear but courage is doing something in spite of your fears. So, onward I go!

My one goal for this fast that I have never successfully met in the past two fasts I've done is to open myself up to God and focus on spiritual things. I know that sounds funny, a Christian fasting and not focusing on spiritual things but my past two 5-day cleanses have been all about physical health. I didn't plan for them to be that way, I actually planned the opposite. During the previous fasts I prayed and read my Bible some but I didn't the take time to really open myself up to what the Holy Spirit wanted to teach me while I fasted.

I'm rambling a bit so I'll close. Pray for me sisters. Pray that while I cleanse the physical I also cleanse the spiritual. Pray that I will have courage for whatever our Lord has in store.

2 comments:

Molly Cole said...

when are you starting?

Purple Mama said...

We started Friday the 17th.